Fast Tracks: Quick Insights In Animal Health
Learn more about Fast Track series and register.
1. Animal welfare
Animals have contributed to nearly every major medical breakthrough including for the treatment of cancer, diabetes, and AIDS. Gain insights into best practices around the 3Rs, including latest technologies and approaches to refine humane animal caring.
2. Emergency preparedness and biosecurity
Lab animal researchers face a number of risks related to biosecurity, loss of crucial animals strains and phenotypes, and much more. With the ongoing global pandemic, it’s even more important that you stay up to date on new techniques and guidance to make best use of your precious scientific resources to mitigate risk.
3. The microbiome
In this track, learn more about microbiome compositions and the applications of technologies, such as NGS, for microbiome profiling.
4. Health and environmental monitoring
Learn more about the implementation of modern health monitoring strategies for screening infectious agents.
5. Monitoring the digital vivarium
In this track you will learn about how to take the next steps in managing and monitoring animals through the latest digital technologies for effective research outcomes. This digital management approach is even more critical during the global pandemic with limited physical access.
6. Emerging hot topics
This track offers a compilation of various topics related to laboratory animal science including the impacts of emerging technologies such as CRISPR/Cas9* genome editing on clinical research and reproducibility.
Presenting organizations include
- Fios Genomics
- Gustave Roussy Cancer Campus
- Helmholtz Zentrum Munich, German Research Center for Environmental Health
- Instituto Gulbenkian de Ciência
- Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience
- One Codex
- PHENOMIN-Institut Clinique de la Souris (PHENOMIN-ICS)
- RIKEN BioResource Research Center
- The North American 3Rs Collaborative
- The University of Chicago Animal Resources Center
- Tulane University
- University of Texas at Houston
- University of Tsukuba
- Wellcome Centre for Human Genetics